Scott and Pickle,

Some months ago (May or June, I think) we had a back-and-forth on one of
the LEM lists about D-connector nomenclature. As I remember the course of
the discussion, someone pointed out that the Dx-nn nomenclature specifies
the hardware characteristics. 'D' indicates the shell shape. The 'x' is an
alpha character that specifies the width of the connector: 'DB' is the size
we usually associate with 25 pins; 'DE' is the usual 9-pin size; I don't
remember them all. The 'nn' is the pin count, not the size (there was some
speculation about how to name a Sun video connector). Commonplace usage is
to prepend 'DB' to the pin count, but this is not technically correct.

Having said that, I still eschew the pedantry and call them all
DB-whatever.  ;-)

        Sp00ky

>As I was forcefully informed, it's not a DB-15.  ;-)
>
>The IIgs provides both composite video through an RCA socket and some sort
>of RGB monitor support through the DB-15 (sic) socket.
>
>As my original post said, I was trying to find out if the AppleColor RGB
>Monitor from a IIgs could be driven from an LC475/P475/Q605 mobo.
>
>       Sp00ky

        Sp00ky
--
  Spiritus ex Machina
  The universe is not only stranger than we imagine,