At 23:15 -0500 on 24/11/02, gary wrote:

>I tried using iCab 68K version but it's awfully slow for LC040 with only
>8MB RAM... I guess it makes sense I add more memory....

Are you *kidding* me?  It's a lot faster than anything else I've used...turn
off multiple connections and kill the cache if you're on broadband.  And yeah,
get more RAM; any browser is going to be slow on that system.

What OS are we dealing with here?

>I've been happy with Netscape Navigator 2.02 for fast browsing but somehow
>it always crashes on me giving me Error 1 message, especially if i visit a
>Yahoo!Geocities site because of the pop-up ad.... my site is with geocities
>so i can't view it at all using 2.02 .... i can't use higher versions

Try Netscape Defrost, but I don't have much hope because Netscape 2 generally
sucks.
--

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>

Software Archive
<ftp://download:[EMAIL PROTECTED]//Users/thepickl/Sites/Archive/>
<http://www.members.jmug.org/%7Ethepickl/archive/>