At 22:56 -0600 on 20/12/02, Dan Palka wrote:

>Its also weird figuring out how to set it up, and your only allowed one POP
>account, (or any TCP/IP based account for that matter).  PowerTalk (from what

Which is a huge problem for most people...

>I can see) was not originally designed for IP based Email, but rather it was
>more of an instant mailing program between Macs over apple talk.  Apple just

It was designed to compete with stuff like Lotus Notes and Novell (?) GroupWise
and that sort of thing - it was primarily an intranet mail system.

However, you're gonna have a *very* hard time convincing me that PowerTalk is
any better for people with only one e-mail account than Eudora Light, let alone
people with multiple accounts.
--

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>