At 10:24 PM -0600 on 12/23/02, Terry Ovans wittily wrote:

>Can anyone tell me if there are any programs out there that will allow
>Ham Radio operators to use their Apple computers as code terminals and
>the like?

There is one guy who does shareware programs for HAM radio operators that
might have what you want.

This from the INFO-MAC Digest list
Info-mac is a large group of mirrored FTP servers around the workd that have
Mac shareware and Freeware that one can download and there is a Digest List
for the new additions to it.

Date: 23 Apr 2002
From: Chris Smolinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [*] Elmer 4.0.0

Program URL: http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/elmer.html
Author email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Abstract:

Elmer creates sample tests to help you prepare for your ham radio written
examination. It contains all FCC question pools for each of the three
written exams: Technician, General, and Extra Class.

Elmer will grade your sample test, showing you which questions were
answered incorrectly. It will also indicate if you passed the exam. Elmer
keeps track of quick questions give you difficulty, and custom tailors
exams to emphasize these questions.

Shareware: $25

Chris Smolinski

[Archived as /info-mac/app/elmer-400.hqx; 1292 K]

In Anarchie or Interarchy [the current version name] you just copy the part
that starts with / and include up to the ; for example
/info-mac/app/elmer-400.hqx and paste it into the FTP download window in
Anarchie and Anarchie will use the info-mac server that you have set in
InternetConfig, if you have it set up properly.

One can use most any of the FTP programs like Fetch, etc. also, If you need
help with this let me know.

I don't know if Elmer 4.0.0 works on 68k Macs or not and I am not sure that
you will find what you are looking for in a 68k Mac version, but Chris
Smolinski does do the kind of shareware that you might want.
"I'm sure we can all pull together, sir."
"Oh, I do hope not, I really do hope not.  Pulling together is the aim of
despotism and tyranny.  Free men pull in all kinds of directions."
~Terry Pratchett: "The Truth"