Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

    I've got a SpigotProAV. This indeed works with the older
    Quicktime versions available, but the later versions
    (5-6?) complain about the lack of a CODEC to view the
    file. On a machine with QT4 (I think), it wouldn't show
    the video, but the audio was intact...

I have never even tried QT5 or 6 with the SPRO. There might just be some
breakage between those two latest versions and the hardware/software
designed for QT2, my guess.

Are you using Spigot AV Extension v1.1? That's what you need.

    I use Fusion Recorder now. It seems to be OK, I was just
    wondering if there was something else available.

Radius also made an app called VideoFusion for sale. It is one of many
apps that can possible record video. I happen to have several potential
apps archived, but it's not likely that they'll ever see any use by me.

    I was quite happy to continue running OS 8.1 on this
    machine, but I have thought recently that running 7.5 or
    7.6 might be a little better from a performance
    standpoint.

One would think so. But what I've seen is that 7.5.3 erupts in stalls
while using some of this capture software. 8.1 is much more stable and
user-friendly, I've found. Yet, by going with 8.1, I can't use some of
the older software that sorta runs in 7.5.x and breaks in 8.1. :-(

I should try 7.1 someday.
--
Michael Emery