[EMAIL PROTECTED] asked for a free or shareware fax program.

There is a decent shareware app you can download from AOL that I used before
I switched to a Global Village modem (they have their own downloadable fax
software). Here is the read me:

ValueFax is the first shareware fax program for the Macintosh. This is a
commercial quality, full function product with QuickFax, fax driver, full
reception and conversion of the fax in background,
installer, and an online manual. Versions of this product have been shipping
commercially under different names for several years. The basic product has
been thoroughly tested in a variety of Mac
configurations using a variety of Class 1 and Class 2 modems (this product
will not work with modems that support Class 2.0 only or with Apple's express
modems or with Apple's Geoport modems).