At 19:26 -0800 on 17/01/03, Kris Jones wrote:

>Unfortunately the card is '040 PDS. I've heard that the card can be used in
>other '040s, which would fix everything since I also just purchased a Quadra
>950 (I've wanted one since they came out!!!).
>
>Does anyone have any experience using one of these cards in something other
>than a Q610?

I once saw a WWW page that had info about using one in a 650; try googling for
it.  Sorry I can't be of more help than that, but I know it definitely works.
The biggest problem is cabling, because the 610s are the only ones where the
card actually sits against the back panel.  Running cables into the case for
the others (as the 040 PDS isn't always accessible from the outside) can be
problematic.

>Also, other than the DOS Compat. card or an accelerator is there anything
>else I can put in an '040 PDS slot?

I know of one video card, and the WGS95 had a SCSI card in the PDS, but other
than that I haven't heard of anything.
--

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>