At 00:33 +0000 on 17/02/03, Paul Tansom wrote:

>1. does anyone know where I can get some more information on the old
>Apple Multiscan 15 monitors I have.  They don't have speakers, which all
>the closest matches I've found to (15AV, etc.) and have M2978 as the
>model number.  Quite disapointing size of screen wise for what seems to
>indicate being a 15" screen, but they work.  Currently by using a Mac to
>PC monitor adapter since they use a high density 15 pin connector and
>not the low density that my 460, 475s, 630 and 6320 have - surely they
>should connect straight on and not use an adapter, they are after all

Sounds like the Australian MS15s I've seen, which also had a VGA connector.
I'm pretty sure they support the same resolutions as the normal MS15s.

>2. since these machines are from a company I'm looking to wipe them and
>reinstall a clean system.  Not being familiar with Macs I'm not 100%

If you wanna wipe and install, just boot from the CD, wipe it out with HD SC
Setup or Drive Setup, and then do an installation.   Clean installs are for
when you want to do a fresh install without reformatting.
--

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>