My Reply follows quote. On 03/03/2003 13:07 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
said:

>From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>If you had read my message completely you'd understand exactly why I
>needed a drive this large.
>
>To all, is there a place where I can get a 25-pin external drive
>container and put a modern SCSI drive into it that will work with this
>macintosh (performa 578)?

-----------------
I guess it depends on what type of drive (50 pin, 68 pin or 80 pin) you
get and what type of adapter you need to mate it up with the cable inside
the case. I have a stack of old SCSI external drives of varying sizes.
Some are similar in size to the old SC 40 and can probably hold most
drives with adapters.

You really don't HAVE to have a case with 25 pin connectors. There are
many cables that will have 25 pins on one end and 50 on the other. (I
have a drawer full of various lengths).

Generally the only really irritating thing in sticking a newer drive in
an older case is mating up the SCSI select cable to the drive. There
don't seem to be any "standard" pin/connector configurations so what I
end up doing is setting the ID with a jumper before closing the case.
Annoying, but easy enough.

Ken