Referring to Re: Performa 636CD and StyleWriter II, at  21:48 -0800,
3/7/03,   (E McCann) eloquently  elucidated:

>  1. Driver shows in the chooser? (Actually, it must, since IIRC you told it
>  which port to use.)

Yes, but the chooser freezes when I selct it, then click on printer
port (right-side window)

>  2. Do you have a different serial cable to test it with?

Yes, I've been trying it with an appletalk/local talk connection as well

>  3. Can you try it on the *other* port?

  Oddly enough, the back of my 8500 says the printer port is on the
inside, but the pdf of the manual says it is on the outside.

So, yes, I've switched back and forth, without benefit or result.

  Paul