At 03:21 AM 3/13/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hm, I have next to null knowledge about Spyware and keystroke loggers on the
>Mac, can those 2 or 3 existing keystroke loggers be download without being
>noticed by the user or hide in other software?
>
>See, I want to start doing home-banking in the next days and I want to make
>sure that I am safe from pieces of data that hide on my harddisk and evade
>the 128bit password encryption by logging the passwords before they are
>encrypted.
>
>Is Spyware generally not a problem on Macs? Are there good apps to find and
>erase the few Spyware apps on the Mac?
>
>-Peter

A 68k Mac is quite possibly the safest web-enabled machine you could use at
all painlessly. I suppose an Amiga or RISC OS PC might come close too, but
they're a bit rare and esoteric. There really aren't any viruses, exploits
don't really exist, and what software there is is quite well documented and
stable(ish).

I don't really know of any spyware you'd need to worry about, with the
possible exception of some Java stuff that might still exist. However,
something like that would be extreme worst-case and wouldn't be something
that could install itself. I've never heard of one anyway.

Much like viruses, various spyware like gator are nearly exclusively
Windows problems. Hold that Quadra up high and feel proud :) (But don't
drop it. That'd be bad)

Scott Holder