I purchased a 4.1 GB segate Baracuda hard drive which I plan on placing in an
external scsi case. When I connected the drive to my LC 580, it is recognized
by SCSI probe, but  no hard drive icon appears on my desk top. There is a
light that comes on in front of the drive, so I know it's working.  What am I
missing here.

I would put the drive in my beloved old Qudra 605, but I'm afraid there are
to many rpms for the old thing. I'd burn it up for sure.

If you folks can give me any suggestions I could use the help. My drive on my
LC is filling up fast. Besides, a new faster drive would give me a speed
boost.

Thank you.

Scott