Hi Mark,

*Most* AppleWorks users don't need "quick" scrolling... they need to know what fits on a page. Don't get bent about Apple's response time... I've been asking for 24 bit color and more than 72 dpi in bitmapped graphics since version 2. If it really bothers you, type the document in BBEdit, copy and paste it into AW, and then format. ;)

Check out NisusWriter... I think they have a mode that is similar to what you're looking for.

The command is always on the menu because Apple hasn't really updated much in AW since the days of Claris. If you'd really like to see the option available, try this:

Open a new word processing document.
Click on the toolbox at the bottom of the page (should show the tools on the left side.)
Click on the Spreadsheet tool.
Create a small spreadsheet frame.
Choose Open Frame from the Window menu.
Note that the new "document" is identified at the top as a WP document, even though it's a SS.
Choose Page View from the Window menu.
Neat, huh?

smiles,
Jamie
AppleWorks trainer... and ClarisWorks tech support dude back when 2.0 was released.