In my search for answers to my VRAM questions I downloaded the Apple document, "Centris_660AV_Quadra_840AV.pdf" On page xxiii under the heading "Software Overview" it states,

"The Macintosh Quadra 840AV and Macintosh Centris 660AV are supplied with essentially identical versions of the Macintosh System 7.1 software, in ROM and on the internal hard disk."

I know that the Mac Classic has OS6.03 in ROM and one can boot from it. Do the 660AV and 840AV have a similar arrangement with OS7.1 in ROM? Or did Apple just mean that they ship a CD-ROM with the machine when they wrote "in ROM"?

Jeff Walther