Ian Gowen wrote:

I believe you can run debian-m68k on the quadras... check jag's house
for details.

Mainly only good for cli, I've run kde but its way to slow. Netbsd is not much better or worse. Some of the light wieght desktop managers are said to work well, if a little slow.

If you already have a nix box of some sort you could try a vnc client on the mac or Exodus which is rather excellent, even better if you know how to configure your firewall properly. :)
When configured you can run nix programs at good speed on your quadra which is fun. Win4Lin runs well in a window, sometime I'll try Sheepshaver, OS9 on a unaccellerated quad, in a window. :)

cheers