Not for resale means it was shipped with a mac most likely. The CD may be
model-specific. Quadlist archives reveal a similar query and response from a
couple years back:

http://www.mail-archive.com/quadlist%40mail.maclaunch.com/msg03234.html

I got a hit on U97073-052A which appears to be an expired page selling a full
retail version of OS 8.

That's all I've got, sorry