At 5:29 PM -0500 9/14/04, Jack Countryman wrote:
I was recently playing with a PowerBook 520 that uses the 68040 chip.
Though I was able to get it on my ethernet network, I was not able to get it
to access the web using system 7.5, or 7.6.   Due to the ram limitation, I
can't install 8 on it.  I downloaded and tried several browsers, but didn't
find any that would work.  Are there browsers with current security
certificates that work on 7.6?

I've used IE 4.0 on a 540 w/OS 7.6.1 and 12Mb. It works. I don't know about the certificates, I don't use it that much.
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting