> 7.5 is hfs while 10.x is hfs+ or ufs. if you are
trying to take files to
> 7.5 from 10.x then format drive w/7.5.
> since i don't have my beige g3 handy, does the
floppy work in os 10.x? A
> vague spark in the back of my brain says no.
charles lenington

Install MacOS 7.6.1 or later (8.1 recommended) on the
older Mac.  It can mount, read, and write on HFS+
drives, but you can't boot off of it on a 68K Mac.

If you're dealing with this problem often, it may be a
good idea to make your common zip disk HFS or PC
formatted - in case you may need to put it in a
Windoze machine (but then again, it would make it
easier for the disk to get infected or for people to
steal your stuff, since more people yooze Windoze).