I am setting up four Macs (Quad 800, Quad 840AV, 8600/250, 8600/300) to use a common monitor (Gateway 19") and a ADB keyboard & mouse. I have a switch box, purchased from the Swap-List of course, that will handle the inputs from the four computers. The question is about when you can use the switch. Can you turn the switch when the systems are in use (two or more CPUs) or do you need to shut down everything to use the switch with no power to it? All four computers will be on an ether network with a G4 733 Digital.

Robert Davenport
Keeseville, NY, USA