There is at least one 64MB Chip which will work.  (See link following my
message.) I found it after some investigation while trying to get my LC
575 to have some more memory.  The price now is only $30.  What I did (4
years ago) was to email customer support and ask "what if it doesn't
work?"  They told me they'd refund the cost if I paid postage to return it
in good condition.  I didn't have to do that, 'cause it worked like a
charm.  -  Dick
http://www.memoryx.net/apl72p64.html