Size the virtual disk to your application requirements, probably hundreds
of G and make sure you monitor the physical utilisation. How sophisticated
you want to be in this will depend on your workload and how critical things
are. So you could manually check it periodically, set up a cron job or hook
into a monitoring system like nagios (that would probably be a good example
to have in the docs actually).

Mark