Hi, Dmitry,

SRM would be something over and above just mirroring some storage - it's a
totally different animal. And it's expensive. And it won't support a VM
like QuadStor, nor would it like a VM that has an HBA passed through to it,
like the QuadStor VM does.

I have a backup solution in place, called Altaro VMBackup, but my backups
were going to a QuadStor mirrored vdisk - thus the concern that my backups
were going to be corrupted by the resync. The backup solution is still in
place, but I have instructed Altaro to also send a copy of the backups to
an "offsite" target, as well - which is actually just a NAS (that of course
doesn't use QuadStor) connected to the server, just in case.

As it turned out, the QuadStor mirror where my backups were going didn't
get trashed by the resync, and I was able to just wipe the corrupted VMs on
my other QuadStor volume and restore them from the backups, so I was able
to recover without having to rebuild my VMs from scratch. Now, with the
backup copy on the NAS, if the QuadStor instance goes completely south and
I lose the vdisk with my backups on it as well as my vdisk with the VMs, I
can just blow the whole thing away and restore from the NAS. In fact, if I
am in a rush, I can spin up critical VMs directly from the NAS while I get
the QuadStor vdisks set up again for a proper restore.