Hi,

facing the same issue running latest quadstor vtl version:

Nov 16 07:35:29 quadstorvtl vtmdaemon: WARN: tl_ioctl:191 failed to exec
cmd 188 107 errno 12 Cannot allocate memory
Nov 16 07:35:29 quadstorvtl vtmdaemon: read_virt:1299 retval -1 errno 12
Cannot allocate memory
Nov 16 07:35:29 quadstorvtl vtmdaemon: WARN: tl_ioctl:191 failed to exec
cmd 188 107 errno 12 Cannot allocate memory
Nov 16 07:35:29 quadstorvtl vtmdaemon: read_virt:1299 retval -1 errno 12
Cannot allocate memory
[root@quadstorvtl ~]# cat /etc/os-release
NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/";
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/";

CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-7"
CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="7"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7"

I have increased my RAM to 64GB and still the same problem. The problem
that I'm facing is that I just started to evaluate QuadStor VTL again and
export to LTO7 tapes is always failing with an error once the tape is about
the get full. I'm pretty convinced that the memory allocate error is
causing the problem because it happens at the same time the tape export job
is about to finish. I have uploaded my logs.

Best Regards,
Oliver