On Tue, 26 May 2015, Timo Teras wrote:

Well. Like observed in the other mail. It looks sockaddr_dl is used for *BSD, with BSD specific stuff in it.

Yes. Who knows, might even be my fault. It dates from the mists of time, before our git logs.

It offends my eyes now though, and it'd be nice to straighten that out one day and not have C-environment-platform-specific ZServ. (E.g. what if someone wanted to talk ZServ to zebra from a Java or any other platform-agnosticy language)?

I'd rather not add to what needs straightening out though :)

Is there any generic hardware type enum we could borrow here? I'd rather not invent yet another enumeration and do different mappings to it. Linux ARPHRD_* is based on ARP Htype field (RFC 826). But seems values >= 256 such as ARPHRD_IPGRE are non-standard extensions.

Anything sensible would probably do. This is for the link-layer header type?

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  @pjakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: