Le 28/05/2015 03:28, Xiaorong (Andrew) Qu a écrit :
I agree with that netns is linux specific.

Considering netns is really like the concept of VDC or Virtual router which
is
a physical admin domain, hence
how about something more neutual:

domain 1 table 2?

I really want to avoid the "VRF" key word used as domain equivalent which is
more confusing.
To summarize, the VRF patch has two big sets:
  a/ the creation of a table index in order to manage multiple RIB/FIB (we
     named it vrf_id, but it is just an index)
  b/ a low level translation from this index to a netns so 1 zebra can manage
     all routes of all netns.

a/ is independent of VRF, so we could rename it domain index.

b/ is one logic for low level translation. With another OS (not Linux but
FreeBSD with some kernel BSD patches), netns was not used. It is likely
possible on Linux to come up with many logics of translation:
       domain index -> netns
       domain index -> netns|netns (nested netns)
       domain index -> table index (ip route table?)
       domain index -> netns|table index
       etc...

So let's leave openness the low levels. I will respin a v4 to rename vrf to
domain.

Thank you,
Nicolas