On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 10:16:59AM +0200, Vincent JARDIN wrote:
> > Honestly though I don't know how to read the patchwork.quagga.net
> > <http://patchwork.quagga.net>.  It has hundreds of patches that are
> > years old, what applies anymore and what doesn't apply?
>
> I agree that we should start dropping everything from patchwork that is
> too old, just keep them into an Attic. It the old patches were useful,
> we'll rewrote/redo the same fix/developments.

Anything older than, ... 12 weeks?, should probably be resent to the
mailing list.  Whoever resends it (this need not be the original author)
would be responsible for checking that it still applies / rebasing /
fixing conflicts.  They should also add any Acked-by / Reviewed-by /
Signed-off-by from the original patch.

Ulltimately, patchwork is only a tool to help mailing list
communication.  On the mailing list, these old patches are pretty much
dead - people who subscribed more recently don't even have them in their
inbox.  If you just send an Ack to a year-old patch, they won't know
what the Ack is for...

Cheers,

-David

(currently looking at the patchwork code to see if there's an
auto-expire option...)