On Sat, 25 Jun 2016, Martin Winter wrote:

My bad. I thought that only patches which are in a working stage should be selected for proposed branch (the “proposed” would be for code review, functionality etc).

Maybe my bad for not pre-sorting those onto some 'pushback' branch then.

I’m partially a bit frustrated on the guesswork on automatically testing series of patches - which is the reason why I’m pushing to try the github pull request model for this. Patchwork has no concept of series of the patches.

I thought it did? It seems to get the '[Patch X/Y]' in the right order in the web-UI at least, even when they go through the list in another order and get non-consecutive PW IDs. Though, the non-consec IDs will make scripting annoying.

At this time, I look at subject, msg-id and sender and try to re-assemble the series. But this fails whenever someone resubmits just a single replacement v2 patch or doesn’t use “git send-email”. So the larger the patch, the more likely my automated system fails to detect them.

Ouch. We need another way.

I'm really leaning towards Bugzilla now. There are at least two different sets of git tools. The one I've tried is good enough. It would give one ID for patch-trains, with the ability for a contributor to manage and update revisions of the attached patches. Etc. It doesn't try take over.

The instance we have needs upgrading though. The other downside is that, iirc, git bz doesn't quite work with HTTP proxies - though that seems to be some issue with the underlying library somehow. However, there's a lot of projects using it to some degree AFAICT - fate sharing is nice.

Doesn’t matter if it’s part of a series or not - it should get you directly to the test run(s) for
that specific patch.

Cool

 Aha, will look.

Would be good to remind everyone that it IS (or should be) a requirement for
acceptance that it passes “make check” at the time of a patch submission.

Ah, yes. +1

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | p...@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A