On Wed, 6 Jul 2016, Lou Berger wrote:

- bgpd now starts, but exit is no longer supported in config files
(which breaks existing configs) for example

   router bgp 123

   exit

Are you testing at 'ff' (which will need a forced update, if you've previously fetched it - note; as will all these heads)? Or at 'pushback/b (which is sort of what 'ff' used to be at)?

I'm guessing that if the problme is that 'exit' that it is due to:

'lib, vtysh: Add support for marking a file with appropriate end of context'

Which I have in the 'pushback/b' subset, pending a comment to Dinesh about compatibility. If you test from:

proposed/ff - commit 4adca54da37e3d9360bcb4ab6d69ff20821ff31e

does it work? If that works), a test from:

proposed/nits/b - commit 77a73bee9b636024bbc9e8ba7803b8f08d675c7d

Would be useful. Does that work?

- I did a simple test propagating a VPN safi update (in a RR config) and
the route didn't propagate.

 I have to run to meetings, but something in update processing is
definitely broken.

Ok, if you can isolate to where, that'd be good.

Also, it could be my editing. I had to do a lot of editing to fix merge issues, I might have fat-fingered stuff (no doubt did somewhere). Apologies in advance.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | p...@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune: