On Mon, 5 Sep 2016, Lou Berger wrote:

I'm testing a fix right now that inits (and frees ) AFI_ETHER tables...

Aha.

I think 'bgpd: fix leak introduced by peer nexthop tracking' which adds a 'bgp_drop_peer_nexthop' to delete bncs, called via bgp_stop isn't right. The bgp_info's can still have pointers to the bncs which can be derefed later whne queueing processes the bncs.

The question is whether there's actually a leak? I do see entries remaining in the nexthop cache after peers for those nexthops are gone (and all their routes) - at least for connected nexthops. Those /do/ however get cleaned up if the connected link is downed. They do not get cleaned up if the peers are deleted.

I think the right fix is to add an explicit ref-count on the BNCs, instead of relying on the list-count on the number of paths - which can't be shared with the bgp_start/bgp_stop path. ??

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | p...@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune: