On 10 Oct 2016, at 3:17, Philippe Guibert wrote:

Hi all,

It is great that the master branch has been merged with
origin/volatile/patch-tracking/8/proposed/ff-2016100701.
I was wondering, when will the next release open ?

Not what the exact plans is, but I prefer either a release
branch started now or new commits which are not only bug fixes to
be held up for a week to let the code “settle” and give everyone
time to test.

Is the CI automatically taking master branch to apply newly received patches ?

Yes, the patches emailed to the list (and picked up by patchwork)
are always tested against the latest master.

But we should go back to a discussion on how this should be done.
Personally, I would prefer to never ever have such a large “proposed”
branch. Preferrably commits to master on a continuous way.

I think Paul felt the pain very well and I’m curious what his suggestion
is at this time on how to do this in the future.

Paul?

- Martin