On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Mike Tancsa wrote:

There are a few people who have run into the issue. The peer with the problem seems to exhibit the behaviour when there are "many" ebgp peers. Routes learned from the ebgp peers do not all get propagated to ibgp peers. It seems random prefixes do not get sent to the ibgp peers. tcpdump confirms they are never sent. Jan Hugo I think has narrowed it down much more than I have.

Ok, any details you have would be great.

I did BGP stress testing late last summer, of Quagga and BIRD. Those tests depended on all prefixes getting through to a 'monitor' bgpd to detect the end of the test run. Though, not complex topologies.

Need to work to build a comprehensive, free software, routing test-rig, to catch those issues (and incorporate BIRD, OpenBGPd, etc., to enable comparison testing and find strength/weaknesses - and provide them with the same kind of testing as a benefit).

If there's people interested in that...

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | p...@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A