On 18/04/17 18:53, Alexis Rosen wrote:
> I was traveling when this was written or I'd have replied sooner.
>
> On Apr 7, 2017, at 3:07 PM, Jonathan C Day <imi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'm curious as to the current methods used to test implementations, given
>> the difficulty in even keeping track of standards tweaks for BGP. Is it
>> strictly to standard (the typical protocol engineer's approach) or are there
>> accepted reference implementations people use to look for interoperability?
>>
>> I'm asking in part because I'm interested in the IS-IS extension that hasn't
>> made it into mainline as far as I can tell. If I want to see if it'll do
>> what I want, given the rarity of the protocol, should I be hunting down a
>> commercial router to validate against or be dusting off my Indiana Jones
>> cosplay gear in order to validate against GateD 3.6?
>
> With that last sentence you win the internet for April 7th. Your prize will
> be coming as soon as a trophy can be delivered over TCP/IP.

Could you make a small one and piggyback on an RFC 1149 link?

> (Sorry I don't have any actually helpful response...)

I have a partially helpful response, check out https://frrouting.org/
which is a Quagga fork that has merged in IS-IS, as well as a bunch of
other features. They also have some test results from
https://www.opensourcerouting.org/test-results/ who note they are open
to requests for specific test results.

https://frrouting.org/test-results/ISIS_extended_results.pdf
https://frrouting.org/test-results/ISISV6_extended_results.pdf

Changes from quagga are listed here:
https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/wiki/Quagga-1.1-%E2%86%92-FRR-2.0
With changes for the upcoming version here:
https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/wiki/FRR-2.0-%E2%86%92-FRR-3.0

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer