On 01/11/2017 15:46, Mark Coetser wrote:
logically that makes sense, the only real need for the OSPF is due to the multiple links between the routers and using OSPF to create a type of auto failover solution. If I use BGP between Router B and C then I loose the failover/shortest path feature.

BGP might be easier than you think.

I've done more BGP internally recently and I've been wondering whether I should get rid of OSPF completely.

I don't have many routers.   And my case has been to work around interop issues and bugs in OSPF for IPv6.

There's also a way to do unnumbered BGP links in FRR.  Takes some getting your head around but might be worth looking at.

Tim