Pardeep,

  Quagga, while IOS-like, does not actually manage the interface configuration.
 You should configure the network interface in Ubuntu, and make sure you can
ping the ISP router, before configuring Quagga.

  And when you configure Quagga, you just need to tell it which interface to
use.  Quagga will detect what IP you configured at the VM OS level (Ubuntu).

  And if you are bridging the VM with the host OS, you need to configure the IP
inside the VM.  Some virtual network configurations, require the IP to be
configured in the host hypervisor.    I don’t think Virtualbox supports that
kind of networking, so it would be best to stick with bridging.

Tom