On my 2+2 I certainly have a firm ride (due to springs and shocks), however
half the battle with knowing if it is more firm than rubber is that people
don't normally replace a perfectly good rubber one with a poly one, it's
normally a shot rubber one that is replaced.

If you drive it everyday then I'd say go for it - you'll soon not notice
it.. If you drive a nice smooth euro-box every day then it might be more
shocking getting into the H4 -certainly I now realise why people want to add
power steering to a kit car.  I almost feel the same after pootling around
in a 'normal' car for everyday use!  Then again I put up with it as it's a
toy  now rather than every day transport so it's like half the charm, so I'd
say go for the poly bushes :)

Matthew