Hi Kevin,

Your head gasket has gone. As there is no water in the oil it will be
leaking between cylinders and you will see white smoke (steam) coming out
the exhaust. Steam is normal while the engine & exhaust system warm up and
evaporate any water residue, especially noticeable on those chilly early
mornings. Once everything is up to temperature then the steam will cease,
however if you check on your engine I suspect you will see lots coming out.
So it's the head off, replace the gasket and check the cylinder head for any
warping and is perfectly flat.

A bit of water in the combustion chamber won't affect the performance, in
fact there are various gizmos around that inject water to aid combustion and
reduce cylinder temperatures.

Simon

Simon Musgrove-Wethey
310k Internet Solutions Ltd
Greyfriars House,
14 Greyfriars Walk,
Cirencester,
Gloucestershire,
GL7 1UF.

T: 0845 6441181 (local rate)
E: si...@310k.co.uk
W: www.310k.co.uk

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it by anyone else
is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of 310k Internet Solutions
Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient please contact: i...@310k.co.uk

Please note: 310k Internet Solutions Ltd is committed to protecting your
privacy and security. We will never wilfully disclose personal information
about you to any third party without first receiving your permission or
unless we are under a legal obligation to do so. This message has only been
sent to those requesting our services. If you do not want to be contacted in
the future simply let us know.

This e-mail has been scanned for all known viruses, prior to Sending.