I had problems with both systems as could never find the mag to find
the password (even worse if you rely on the site for the mag) and with
the current system had a problem until I set my own password.  I think
this one is much better, now I am used to it and have user ID sorted.
The only improvement I would suggest is to be able to use e mail
address as user ID like on a lot of other sites or if this is bad for
security then the ability to change the user ID to something people
can remember.  I know it shouldn't be difficult to remember your
initial and surname,  but for some reason I kept forgetting this was
the system until it finally got etched into the old grey matter.

Nigel