Ian,
Yes Frapr is dead and you have confirmed what I thought about Google. I am happy to do this if that is what the members want.

Russell

On 16/06/2011 11:12, Ian Harrison wrote:
I had forgotten about frappr too - it looks to be dead now anyway. I have done a search on it, but all links come up with a 404 Not Found

The locosters do use google maps with a layer.

The map is administrated by one guy for adds/deletes.

In the forum, if someone wants their car/location on the map, they post to a specific thread and the admin guy picks it up and adds to the map.

Locations are made approximate by the use of towns only..

The map is visible to all, but will not come up directly in searches. If you have the link you can see it, no login is required.

Seems to work well for that community.

Ian