Just been doing some reasearch Dave and it looks like you can indeed
put a personal plate on a "non-transferrable Mark" car, but yes, then
when you take it off, it reverts back to the original mark. And I'm
pretty sure you're right about not putting anything else on to a Q
plate too, cos I went to great lengths to ensure my previous 2+2 went
on the donor plate and not a Q plate as I specifically wanted to re-
register it with a private plate (which is actually a whole other
story!)
Bye for now
Jayne