Yes possibly - had kinda thought of that, but thought welding may
prove difficult on a thin casting.  Will check tomorrow as may be able
to get it done at work, I work at an Engineering College so have
access to machining and welding facilities. Thats the manifold plan!!!

While we are on the subject, I have a turbo fabricated manifold from
an unkown engine that may fit if I replace the flange to the head.
You wouldn't by any chance happen to have a Zetec head or manifold
around from which you could measure the port centre spacings and let
me have them.  I have ball parked it and it seems pretty close, but
won't get around to taking my exhaust off for another few weeks, when
the 'honey do' list gets a bit shorter!!!!

Appreciate the help.

Nigel