I can't offer any real advise except to think the pads are dragging on the
discs.

However I am really interested to know the overall outcome, costs and if the
kit is still available.

I've never been overly happy with the brakes and I think overall feel will be
better with rear discs even if stopping power does not change so much
(certainly changing other rear drummed vehicles has made a noticeable
difference)

Good luck