On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:51:07 AM UTC, jin wrote:

> When i "rewired" my 2+2 i did nothing more complex than cut out the really
> bad bits (mainly the earths, did from scratch) and then traced each wire in
> situ end to end checking the entire length, didn't see the need to remove
> the whole loom since if the individual wires are sound and the insulation
> intact they ate as good as new, it was the end connections that caused
> problems but most got replaced, a haynes manual is invaluable along with
> all the good friendly advice on here, i couldn't have done mine without it

For some reason whoever put my 2+2 together hadn't a clue about electrics.
Although he used an existing loom he chopped and changed it, felt that
twisting wires together with sellotape insulation was a good way to do
things and that the thickness of the wire was irrelevant to the current
going through it...

One thing: those blue butt connectors? If you don't have the *professional*
tool that makes a proper hexagonal job, forget it - particularly with
different thicknesses of wire. The only clean way to extend cables is to
twist inline, solder - with a big enough iron! - and heat-shrink over the
joint.

Neil