On Fri we took our 2+2 RST to Hullavington where these very friendly folk
www.motorsport-events.com organised a track day.
The Quantum was absolutely brilliant and proved to be as fast as most of the 7
type cars and exactly the same as a race prepped Renault Clio Sport who's
driver was a friend of Keith who himself was driving a Lambo Gallardo 4 wheel
drive 400+ bhp Italian thoroughbred.
We got friendly with this little crew who also had a Porsche Caymen with them
after fixing a minor problem on the Lambo first wife Diane was taken round in
the Lambo with me with a rear facing camera video'd it, oh the noise was
glorious and it took and retook me as I drove mine, the video will be put on
Utube as soon as I can.
All day there were two questions asked by fellow track people, "What is it?"
and "Why is it so fast?" Most had not heard of Quantum Cars and I genuinely
think they were impressed with its turn of speed as we were able to match
several M3's on acceleration though we were obviously no problem to the Lambo.
I was also taken round in the Gallardo and I have not experienced a supercar
driven like it was stolen and boy was I thrilled by it.
The Quantum has a proper coolant temp gauge fitted by me and the max it reached
with me driving was 105 deg and 90 deg when Diane was behind the wheel.
Fuel was consumed copiously but hell it was not an economy drive.
The tyre combo raised an eyebrow with a professional racer because I had old
Yoko 032 on the front and new Uniroyal Rainsport 2's at rear.
This made the car oversteer when throttle snapped shut but was easy peasy
caught with a dab of throttle and I did not detect torque steer as it just went
where I pointed it.............the car is fantastic and huge fun for the
miserable £1000 it cost me, I am thinking this car will be mine for a while
yet!

Jon