Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] Welding & GAs
From: derek_cl...@lineone.net
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:49:16 +0100
To: quantumowners@googlegroups.com

Got the light sensitive mask straight away as I want to see what is happening
and keep my sight.  It would be useful to have details of the Air Products
bottles by the sound of them.
Thanks to you and Jim for the tips.  Seems like much of welding is practicing
the skill.  So more practice coming up!
Cheers
Derek

On 22 Oct 2013, at 06:39, fixit-wo...@hotmail.co.uk wrote:Glad you are running
now. The prices are about norm. Air Products now do a bottle which you
Buy for about 130 pounds as i remember and get refilled. Much better than BOC
as no rental! Much depends on location, more in north than south.
Standard bottles require a large regulator but the Air Products bottles have
one built in. I can get more details if you are interested.
I expect you already know but having a light sensitive mask is really
worthwhile investment. NEVER strike the arc without mask. Arc eyes is like
rubbing sand in
and thats the least affect!
Bevel the mating edges on 3 mm forming a V. You will get a stronger joint.
Regards
Ken
Sent from my HTC