Ok I know this has been talked about over the years but --  I have owned my
2+2 for 18 years now and the Xr2 later type master cylinder and servo have
completely had it and like others on here I found replacements either
difficult or ridiculously expensive to obtain. So I am going down the
Mondeo route as new master cylinders are still readily available on Ebay. I
have obtained a Mk2 Mondeo master cylinder non ABS and servo in good nick
and I may buy a new cylinder as well.
 I have read much about how to modify the mounting brackets and push rod in
the past but I am wondering if anyone has actually done it and can offer
some advice. I remember seeing some good drawings of the mods but
unfortunately they have now been deleted and the links don't work. I wish I
had copied it before it went.
 There is almost too much information on the net about this. Some people
suggest cutting a vee slot out of the bottom of the brackets bending down
and then welding others say to cut from the top almost through bend
downwards then insert a vee shaped piece of steel. I also seem to remember
someone said to shorten the whole bracket.
 Obviously whatever is done may effect the pedal position and I have seen
instructions for an adjustable push rod using cotters and threaded rod to
correct this.
So my question is does anyone know the exact mod to the Xr2 brackets which
will leave the pedal in its original position on the 2 + 2. Thanks Stewart