Hi all,
I've recently had my 2+2 tank out to fit a new level sender for my VDO gauges.
In calibrating the level, I noticed with 35 litres in the tank the fluid sits
just level with the bottom of the filler hole, meaning there is a fair bit of
"air" still left in the tank (about 10cm).  Is it normal to have an air space
at the top of a fuel tank?

Also, the rubber ring which seals the filler pipe to the tank is hard (26 years
old!) so was wondering if any of you bright sparks knew of any "gunk" which is
fuel safe which I could use to seal it?
If not, is this seal still available new, or an alternative?

Cheers, Tom