Got a burble from the 5 year -old exhaust (OE Ford one) which has split on 2nd
bend in front of box, so rang the exhaust place to be told
"discontinued/unobtainable"
This local exhaust place unfortunately can't be bothered with any 'challenge' -
there was a time when you could take a car into a local exhaust place who would
say "discontinued" but then have a look through their parts to find one similar
which they could adapt. Ok, the back-pressure may not be spot on, but at least
it's better than a holed exhaust.
Anyway, the local factors can get one for £51 inc Vat, which is the whole
system from 'feet to back' which seems about right on price - I'll find out
when I compare it to the one on the car.
Only issue is the cut/shut I made in the original to make it a good fit......
so my choice once the original is off is whether to do a local repair, or
cut/shut the new one and put that on.
I gave up trying the get a stainless one as they all seem to be 'performance'
(noisy!) ones. What have others found? maybe worth getting a spare whilst still
available?
Martin