Sorry had missed this post. The original tank as supplied by Q hsd the oitlet
at the bottom, but for some reason I cant remember, I beleve it was a late
addition by Q, when they started the zetec and injection route. The inside of
the tank has a kind of swirl baffle system, to attempt to prevent the outlet
becoming fuelless! However this didnt work well on mine and some others that I
know of. On left hand corners on the track or once going onto the M27, with
guel tank less than half full, the engine would die through fuel starvation.
I looked at putting a swirl pot on, but couldnt find any plce to put one. I
eventually welded an aux catch tank under the existing outlet together with
additional feed holes to cover all corners!  I also kmow Q did a mod to another
owners car which was simpler and I didnt think as good, but I do know it is
working fine.
I have photos that I can send you and more details if you are interested or
better still can have a chat if you are at curborough.