"Sorry I've not responded sooner but haven't been on the forum for quite a
few weeks . My old red saloon has indeed done an high mileage .At
Stoneleigh a few years ago [I think it was 21st anniversary] a section of
the club stand was dedicated to show high mileage quantums .There were
quite a few over 100k .Mine was in the over 200k category but Charles
Williams was over 300k I believe .
Perhaps Andy /Geoff on the committee still have the list

For those who may be interested I originally built the car in 1992 from a
crash damaged XR2 which had done 36k .I zeroed the mileometer [for my own
benefit] during the build as I always intended keeping it .However 20 yrs
on and I think parted with it around 230k miles . It was still going strong
,and other than regular service, with NO work to the engine other than
valve stem oil seals every 70-80k and new camshaft @ 200k . It was still on
original clutch , linkage and gearbox !
I believe its still within the club so an update on where it is and its
proposed future would be nice "

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 5:37:54 PM UTC, Susan and Martin Scott