From: quantumowners@googlegroups.com <quantumowners@googlegroups.com> on behalf
of Jim Hearne <j...@quantums.info>
Sent: 30 March 2017 13:23:14
To: quantumowners@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] Lowering springs for my 2+2.

From: calum mcpherson
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:00 PM
To: quantumowners@googlegroups.com

Afraid i’m pretty sure that’s the higher rear spring and shock mounts.

To be sure, check at the top of the rear shock, you should find an extension
screwed to it.

They used specific Quantum rear springs to make up the extra length.

I’m not sure why the early 2+2 were like this, i guess they did the moulds and
then realised the car was just too low to be practical.

The front end they could change by modifying the spaceframe, the rear had to
wait until they modified the moulds.

Jim

Attached rough diagram giving sizes and pic of boot showing strut top, measured
rear spring sitting unladen at about 250mm.
Calum